Dinkey SDK and Driver Version History
To request a free update to the latest version of the Dinkey SDK, click here.
The Dinkey driver installation utility Setupdrv has a version number that is independent to the version number of the rest of the Dinkey SDK. Click here to jump to the Setupdrv version history.
Dinkey SDK Version History
- Updated drivers to support Mac OS X Yosemite.
- Added 64-bit Delphi object module (dddbg64b.obj) and 64-bit DDChange module (DDChange64.dll).
- Fixed bug in DDChange introduced in 4.20 release 8.
- Fixed bug in DDAdd adding protection if path of DDAdd is more than 90 characters.
- Fixed bug in 64-bit debug module failing to start network users.
- Mac SDK now has 64-bit drivers for Mac OS X.
- DDChange now looks at the update code and decides on whether it is best to do program changes before data area changes or vice versa.
- Updated runtime modules for DinkeyNet to avoid occasional error 50 with Windows 2008 Server. Click here for more details.
- Updated Linux SDK. inst script improved. Fixed problem with Java and DDInet for recent Linux kernels.
- Released DinkeyWeb for PHP and ASP.NET.
- AutoCAD - updated sample code and COM module.
- DDAdd - Shell method now works with Visual Studio 2008 and Vista.
- DDChange - fixed possible bug if adding extra days to existing expiry date.
- Shell-protected programs now work in Windows 2008 Server without need for workaround.
- Modifications for Delphi 2009: ddwin32d.obj added and new Delphi 2009 sample code added.
- DDNet - fixed bug if specified "no limit" for network users.
- All programs - language always defaults to English if user's language setting is not supported.
- DDNet (Linux) - can now run as a daemon.
- DDAdd - fixed bug introduced in release 2 adding protection to Linux programs.
- DDNet - fixed possible error message if using DDNet v4.20 but client machines are using older software. More info.
- Fixed very rare bug associated with certain USB controllers. More info.
- DDNet - /v option now works correctly.
- Linux - bug in ft.rules file is fixed. Also Linux 64-bit modules released.
- Shell - now works for Flash exe files.
- DDChange - improved reliability for very long codes (multiple file changes).
- Runtime - Improved algorithm method and added 10 user algorithms for USB dongle only.
- Runtime - Improved speed of starting new network user for large numbers of users.
- Runtime - Now works with MacOSX (Intel) machines and universal binaries.
- Runtime - DDInet module now available for Mac OSX.
- DDRemote - fixed bug in generating codes with repeated data at end of data area.
- DDChange - fixed bug: crashes when changing last date used (bug since v4.00).
- DDAdd - Shell method now encrypts most of file (used to only encrypt small parts).
- 64-bit drivers available for Windows x64 operating systems. setupdrv installs these drivers.
- 64-bit object module and DLL now available for Windows OS.
- USB dongle security improved. Must install new drivers using setupdrv when using version 4.1 modules.
- Filemaker Plugin now supports Mac OSX for Filemaker 7 and 8.
- Updated Linux drivers. Drivers now renamed to ddusbkey to avoid potential naming clash. Must install drivers when using version 4.1 modules.
- Runtime modules, DDLook and DDChange now fix 128 error experienced on some Windows 2003 servers.
- Mac and Linux - DinkeyNet now implemented for workstations (dongle must still be attached to a Windows server).
- Runtime modules, DDLook and DDChange now available for Mac OSX and Linux. (DinkeyNet is currently not supported for Mac or Linux).
- DDInet module allows user to access the dongle from web pages on their web server.
- New Filemaker Plugin for Filemaker 7 and 8. Supports Windows and Mac OS.
- DDNet - fixed bug: may not detect DinkeyNet dongle if Dinkey 2 also present.
- Runtime - network check: now looks for .ini file in the program directory if it cannot find it in the Windows directory.
- DDChange - fixed bug: updating number of per program network users can give error 29/2a000000df??.
- Runtime - fixed bug introduced in release 2: protection check is slow if a parallel port dongle is detected.
- Runtime - fixed bug since v3.00: can fail to detect dongle if more than two USB dongles are attached.
- Runtime - debug object modules now include GetAlgVars.
- DDAdd - can now add Shell method with Algorithm.
- DDChange - fixed bug since v3.00: error 128 or crashes if more than two USB dongles are attached.
- Added 'Algorithm' Feature for Dinkey 2 and DinkeyNet dongles to increase security.
- DDLook - can now save dongle parameters to a file.
- DDAdd,DDRemote - now have notes fields. The DDRemote notes field is added to the logfile when a code is generated.
- DDNet - now has browse button for DinkeyNet path.
- DDChange - can enter update codes that contain line feeds / carriage returns.
- DDNet - fixed problem if DDNet continues running but stops working.
- DDNet - can now display more than 10 network users correctly (bug since v 3.00).
- Dinkey.fmx - now contains a function to get the product code.
- DDChange - fixed obscure bug when trying to change LDU and other parameters.
- All programs - fixes bugs writing data to data area and reading large amounts of data (bug since v 3.00).
- DDAdd - does not corrupt dongles if you protect with no program name specified (bug in 3.50).
- DDAdd - Shell method can now do background protection check while program is running.
- Runtime - improved the way we write to the data area so it will get corrupted less often.
- Runtime - fixed very rare problem accessing parallel port dongles on very fast machines running Windows Me.
- DDAdd - doesn't allow more than 432 bytes of data area (this caused previous versions to crash).
- DDAdd - tries to add protection to all files listed even if errors occur.
- DDAdd - updates old DDP files successfully (release 0 can have problems with the data area).
- DDChange - does not crash if drivers not installed (bug since version 3.00).
- Runtime - fixes problem that dongle check may return errors 26 or 28 instead of 67 when protected to DinkeyNet and Dinkey 2.
- DDAdd now 32-bit.
- DDAdd - can now protect your software to more than one dongle model.
- DDRemote - display of data area improved.
- Runtime - debug modules so you can protect your program and debug your code (standard module may crash due to ant-debug code).
- Installtime - DDP and DDR files are now associated with DDAdd and DDRemote respectively.
- DDNet - now works properly as a service (bug from v3.00 release 0).
- DDChange.dll (16bit) - now works properly (bug since v2.51).
- DDChange.dll (32bit) - DDINFO now works properly if restrcited to a product code (bug since v3.00 release 0).
- Modifications made for general release (earlier releases were b-test).
- DDRemote, DDChange, DDLook and DDNet now 32-bit.
- DDRemote - can save parameters in DDR file, produce codes from command line, copy and paste update code.
- DDChange - can copy and paste dongle information, refresh.
- DDLook - can refresh.
- DDNet - status tray icon, can view logged-on users, now combined with DDNETNT to form one program.
- Runtime - DD32.dll, DDCHANGE.DLL now have version information.
- Runtime - parallel port driver now works with PCI cards.
- DDAdd is now fixed to cope with changes in release 3.
- Last date used code improved for different time-zones.
- Fixes bug in network protection check: DDMB execs, expiry date not filled-in correctly (bug introduced in v2.50).
- Java, Filemaker sample code.
- Last date used check improved (should give less erroneous errors).
- Network dongle: now allow a one day tolerance in date between workstation and server.
- Along with setupdrv version 3.1 should fix all problems with fast Pentium 4 machines giving extended error 02 and 43.
- Note - this version should only be used with setupdrv 3.1 and not earlier versions of the drivers.
- Fixed some small problems with version 2.51 and 2.50. However, may cause potential problems with machines crashing. Advise upgrading to version 2.53.
- Fixes bugs in version 2.50: memory leakage in USB dongle check, protected software crashes if parallel port device driver is not installed.
- release 2 - updated Shell method to make it more secure.
- All object modules, DD32.DLL and Dinkey.x32 are now purely 32-bit modules.
- Anti-debug code improved.
- Implemented functions 3 and 4.
- Improved security (encryption).
- Implemented Shell2 method of protection (Shell method with function 2).
Setupdrv Version Information
- Now prevents Microsoft Program Compatibility Assistant from displaying "this program might not have installed correctly" warning.
- Now compatible with Windows 8 32-bit systems with secure boot enabled (drivers are now signed correctly for installation on this OS with this configuration).
- Fixed bug introduced in release 1.
- Default is now to install USB drivers only. (To install both parallel port and usb drivers use the /all switch).
- Drivers are now compatible with 64-bit Windows Vista.
- Updates old 32-bit driver to new one.
- Installs 64-bit drivers on x64 operating systems.
- Can install using renamed drivers with /r option.
- ddnt.sys - fixed obscure problem with fast machine running WinMe and other small problems.
- Uninstall can now delete driver files even if Windows makes them read-only.
- Fixed problem: can give errors or crash if no parallel port exists on the machine.
- ddnt.sys - now also works with add-on PCI card parallel ports.
- ddnt.sys - fixes extended error 43 problem with fast P4 machines. Needs at least SDK version 2.53 to make full use of functionality.
- ddnt.sys - similar to v3.1, but recommend upgrading to v3.1 to avoid potential problems.
- ddnt.sys - fixes extended error 02 problem. However extended error 43 more likely.
- Internal modification to ddnt.sys. Should be functionally the same as version 2.7.
- Fixes ddnt.sys bug.
- All device drivers are now included within setupdrv.exe.
- DDNT.sys modified so that extended error 01 does not occur.
- First added version information.
- Drivers do not cause XP to complain about not being signed (previous versions should still work).