Dinkey Pro/FD SDK Version History
Click here to request a free update to the latest version of the Dinkey Pro/FD SDK.
Click here to see detailed update notes, with full details of important changes that may require you to alter the way you add protection and/or distribute your protected software.
- Shell method - added extra anti-debugging technologies.
- Shell method - improved runtime decryption of Shell-protected code.
- DinkeyAdd - now supports DAPF files in JSON format as well as the existing binary format. DinkeyAdd API updated to support reading and writing JSON DAPF files. DinkeyAddCmd has a new command-line option for converting DAPF files between JSON and binary formats.
- DinkeyRemote - now supports DRPF files in JSON format as well as the existing binary format. DinkeyRemote API updated to support reading and writing JSON DRPF files. DinkeyRemoteCmd has a new command-line option for converting DRPF files between JSON and binary formats.
- DinkeyServer for Linux - improvements to auto-detection of DinkeyServer by protected software.
- Runtime - fixed issues with 'lock dongle to computer' feature on Windows 10 and macOS.
- .NET Shell method - improved memory management at runtime.
- DinkeyAdd and DinkeyRemote - these tools are now split into 3 parts: GUI front end, command-line front end and back end library.
- DinkeyAdd and DinkeyRemote - command-line programs and libraries now available for Mac OS X and Linux.
- DinkeyServer - fixed issue under Mac OS X Yosemite and newer where the viewer could crash displaying network users.
- Windows GUI programs now resize correctly under different DPI settings.
- PDF protection - text search functionality added to protected PDFs.
- OS X runtime - fixed leak of Mach ports that could cause problems if checking the dongle frequently.
- Runtime API - implemented
- Runtime API - added support for 64-bit Filemaker.
- Runtime - fixed issue with network users and spawning child processes. Previously, if a child process inherited handles from the parent, it could prevent the network user being freed correctly when the parent process terminated.
- Shell Method for native DLLs - if the shell starts a network user, the user is now freed when the DLL is unloaded. Previously the user was not freed until the calling process terminated.
- DinkeyWeb - superceded by Smartsign, deprecated and removed from the SDK. DinkeyWeb 7.2.0 files are available on request: contact our support team to request these files.
- Runtime - changes to support detection of the flash drive part of a Dinkey FD on Mac OS X El Capitan. Prior to this release all Dinkey FD protection checks on El Capitan would return error 598.
- DinkeyAdd - fixed bug that caused "incorrect date format" error when creating temporary software keys on Windows 10.
- Runtime - fixed bug that caused error 952 "detected USB port sharing over network" on Linux (this feature is not supported on Linux).
- DinkeyAdd can now protect (encrypt) data files that are accessed by your Shell-protected software.
- New DinkeyAdd advanced option - block 3rd-party products that allow a local dongle to be shared by multiple computers on the same network.
- New DinkeyAdd advanced option - specify whether protected software checks for a Temporary Software Key if no dongle is present.
- New variable in Shell messages - "%L" is replaced by the licence name of the Shell-protected file.
- New Shell message - you can now customise the error message displayed when DinkeyServer cannot be found.
- DinkeyChange - fixed bug restoring FD Lite which could give error 461 in some circumstances.
- Mac OS X runtime code now searches for dongles in a more efficient way.
- DinkeyChange API functions are now fully thread-safe.
- DinkeyAdd can now save to DAPF files that are backwards compatible with older versions of DinkeyAdd.
- Runtime - fixed bug which can cause runtime code to crash while checking the temporary software key.
- DinkeyChange, DinkeyAdd and runtime code - improved code to reduce the possibility of dongle memory corruption.
- DinkeyAdd - Shell method now supports programs built with Delphi XE5 and XE6.
- Implemented Temporary Software Key feature (can replace damaged or malfunctioning dongle with a software key until a replacement dongle arrives).
- Added support for protecting PDF files. Protected documents can be viewed on Windows only.
- It is now possible to lock a dongle so that it can only be used with protected software on one specific computer.
- Improved the speed of a protection check if you encrypt DRIS structure.
- .NET Shell protection now preserves the "All CPU" setting, rather than converting to 32-bit only or 64-bit only files.
- Shell method - can now protect Windows services or other processes that are run in non-interactive accounts.
- Runtime - fixed potential 731 errors on Linux if many threads in a process try to access the dongle simultaneously.
- DinkeyAdd - fixed potential problem with Shell methods (64-bit) with Net dongles giving error 585/10038.
- DinkeyAdd - Shell method can now protect COM objects and ActiveX controls.
- Mac OS X SDK - fixed rare problem where dongle cannot be recognised by our software on certain setups.
- DinkeyAdd .NET Shell - can now sign protected programs.
- Runtime code updated to fix very rare sporadic 486/32 errors.
- DinkeyServer - fixed rare bug that could cause client protected software error 580 with FD Net dongles.
- DinkeyAdd .NET Shell - can now protect programs that use the async/await features.
- .NET Shell method now compatible with 64-bit .NET executables. Framework dependency reduced. Fixed some problems with programs running on .NET framework 4.5.
- Runtime API - added 64-bit static API library (object file) for Delphi.
- Debug API libraries now export function
DDGetNetUserList()to prevent linker errors. The function is not implemented by these debug libraries.
- Shell method - now detect Windows 8 Store Apps and give appropriate error messages.
- Dinkey FD - fixed rare error 1 bug.
- Shell method - fixed problem with programs written using C++ Builder XE3.
- Runtime API - added support for C++ Builder XE3.
- Shell method - updated. Now also protects 64-bit Windows executables and DLLs.
- Shell method - can now customise "background check" message.
- .NET Shell method - updated. Now encrypts the whole executable. DLLs can also be protected.
- DinkeyServer - now supported on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or more recent.
- API libraries - implemented new function so the client can list the current network users.
- Linux SDK - 64-bit versions of DinkeyLook, DinkeyChange and DinkeyServer.
- Mac OS X SDK - 64-bit API libraries now compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (previously it was 10.6 or higher).
- Mac OS X SDK - implemented "calling program" feature for API libraries.
- Mac OS X SDK - fixed bug so you can now call protection API and DinkeyChange API from same program.
- Windows SDK - fixed bug in API libraries that could cause crash.
- Improved Python sample and produced extension modules for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Cython sample code.
- Runtime - increased efficiency of runtime protection check if not using expiry date.
- DinkeyChange - improved security regarding updating "max days".
- Ada and RealBasic sample code created.
- 64-bit API libraries for Mac OS X.
- 32-bit and 64-bit static API libraries (object files) for Windows and Mac OS X (already available for Linux).
- 64-bit DinkeyWeb libraries for Windows and Mac OS X (already available for Linux).
- Changed DinkeyAdd so it separates licence information in the dongle from programs that you want to protect (DRIS, DAPF and DRPF structures are changed as a result of this).
- PHP extensions (for protecting PHP source code) now part of the SDK.
- DinkeyChange now much more efficient when adding/deleting/modifying many licences in one code.
- Some bug fixes to 64-bit DinkeyChange libraries.
- DinkeyAdd - can now protect files using wildcards (e.g. *.*) so you can protect multiple files to one set of protection parameters.
- DinkeyAdd - can now specify "virtual files" so you can specify protection parameters for separate modules or features within your program.
- DinkeyWeb - now supports JSP code.
- DinkeyChange debug libraries for all supported platforms.
- AutoCAD sample now added for Windows (uses ActiveX DLL).
- Extra command line parameters for DinkeyAdd and DinkeyRemote to make calling these program from your own GUI easier.
- Sample code in C, C# and VB.NET to call DinkeyAdd and DinkeyRemote with DAPF and DRPF files.
- Bug fixes for Dinkey FD Lite under Windows and Mac OS X.
- DinkeyServer - uses caching under certain conditions - much quicker if many network users are started at the same time.
- DinkeyServer - can now automatically configure Windows Firewall to allow incoming connections from protected software.
- Net dongles - correct use of alt_prog_name if starting network user.
- Fixed DinkeyAdd .NET Shell method bug (if program uses anonymous types).
- Fixed DinkeyServer bug - may start a new network user for each protection check.
- Added 4D sample code and API libraries for Windows and Mac OS X.
- Mac OS X SDK released (Intel only).
- Windows .NET Shell method is now compatible with .NET version 4.
- Runtime library thread safety improved.
- Python sample code.
- Runtime - fixed bug if using version 5.8.0 or higher API library and older version of the DRIS.
- Linux - DinkeyServer now released.
- DinkeyAdd - fixed problem with Shell method on some Delphi executables (delay-loading DLLs).
- Added sample code for C++ Builder, Dev C++ and MinGW.
- Improved inst script for Debian Linux machines.
- Added Fortran sample code.
- Fixed bug in debug API libraries if writing/reading data or en(de)crypting data and using USE_FUNCTION_ARGUMENT.
- Linux SDK released with 32-bit and 64-bit API libraries (but not DinkeyServer).
- Runtime code - can now specify machine name in <PRODCODE>.ini instead of IP address when overriding DinkeyServer auto-detection.
- Added FoxPro sample code.
- DinkeyAdd - fixed bug in algorithm sample code (for VB6 and Delphi) generated by DinkeyAdd for encrypting DRIS.
- 64-bit libraries released for protection API and DinkeyChange.
- Sample code updated to work with 64-bit API libraries (C/C++/C#/Java/VB.NET).
MATCH_DONGLE_NUMBERflag so it is possible to get protection information for more than one dongle.
- DinkeyWeb re-released with improved sample code.
- Runtime code - DinkeyServer auto-detection improved. Must update both DinkeyServer and runtime code.
- Runtime code - can use an INI file to manually specify location of DinkeyServer instead of using auto-detection.
- Shell method expiry warning message now only displayed once per day.
- DinkeyChange - fixed bug if extending the data area from 0 bytes.
- New Dinkey FD range now supported (also backwards compatible with old Dinkey FD range of dongles).
- Debug API libraries released for C/C++.
- Fixed bug in DinkeyAdd Shell options (switched the wrong way around).
- Shell background protection check messages improved.
- Fixed bug auto-detecting DinkeyServer on the network.
- Dinkey Pro Net and Dinkey FD Net models now supported.
- Shell method now has options for starting a network user and decrementing the execution counter.
- LabVIEW sample code.
- Fixed bug in Shell method incorrectly displaying the warning days message.
- Fixed bug in Shell method which caused some programs to crash on startup.
- DinkeyAdd Shell method - fixed bug which could cause the protected program to crash on startup.
- DinkeyAdd .NET Shell protection - fixed problem protecting .NET C++/CLI programs.
- DinkeyWeb now supports ASP.NET (VB.NET and C#).
- DinkeyAdd Shell method now compatible with .NET programs.
- DinkeyAdd - can specify data area size instead of providing a file.
- Added support for using DinkeyChange functionality via an API.
- DinkeyWeb released for PHP.
- Fixed problem protecting Flash executables with the Shell method.
- Strongly encrypted update codes implemented for DinkeyRemote and DinkeyChange.
- DinkeyRemote - fixed issue saving data changes to DRPF file.
- Shell method now works with Visual Studio 2008 applications and Windows Vista.
- Improved PDF user manual and help files, including quick tour guide.
- Dinkey Pro Plus and Dinkey FD Plus models now supported.
- FDService - now Dinkey FD can be accessed for users with restricted access rights under Windows 2000/XP.
- Runtime - can get drive letter of FD dongle flash disk.
- DinkeyRemote - strongly encrypted update codes are not supported yet.
- Runtime Shell - Empty message box no longer displayed if Welcome message is blank.
- Shell method implemented for 32-bit programs.
- Added FileMaker Plugin.
- Modified VB.NET, C# and VB sample code so you can properly extract strings from encrypted DRIS.
- DinkeyAdd - command line options implemented.
- Fixed various bugs in earlier release.
- First release. Supports Pro, FD Lite dongle models only. Windows only. No Shell method.
- Beta release.